KingsWord Ministries International was conceived in August 1990 when God spoke to Kayode Ijisesan fondly known as Pastor Kay the words “…raise me a supernatural army” in an unusual divine encounter. He was a college student in a Pharmacy School at this time. The first seed of this great vision was planted in Aprill 1993 with the inception of a college ministry originally known as Victory Christian Fellowship now KingsWord Campus Church, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
On November 21, 1997, KingsWord Ministries International (KMI) was inaugurated. The Church arm of the ministry was later inaugurated on the 31st of December, 1997. The Church, KingsWord International Church (KIC) Ikeja, now the ministry headquarters in Nigeria has reproduced other churches in Lekki, Oko Oba, Igando, Alagbado, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Akure and Abuja. The campus arm has also extended to other institutions of higher learning in the country.
God instructed the set man, Pastor Kay to relocate his family to the United States in November 1999. KingsWord International Church, Chicago which is presently the Apostolic headquarters of the ministry was established on the 1st of September, 2002. In obedience to God, the ministry has planted Churches that are committed to discipling this generation in the supernatural power and principles of God in four continents thereby fulfilling KingsWord Everywhere mandate.
Pastor Kay is happily married to Mayowa, fondly called Pastor May. They reside in the Chicago area of the United States from where they provide an apostolic covering for the missions and churches of the ministry in North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. They are blessed with two children: Tolu and Temi.
To raise a supernatural army
- To present the good news of Jesus, the Anointed One to a dying world.
- To bring men and women out of the bondage of ignorance, religion and tradition so that they can come into real fellowship with God.
- To raise spirit-filled worshippers that have the Word of God as their final authority and a revelation of their supernatural identity.
- To demonstrate the power of God and fill the earth with God’s glory through the ministry of the Word and the Holy Spirit.
- To equip, train and develop believers for the work of the ministry and provide an environment for kingdom service.
- To help believers discover, develop and deploy their God-given purpose.
- To communicate the principles of the kingdom using every available medium and technology.
- To provide an excellent and inspiring environment where both young and matured professionals utilize their education and God-given talents to glorify God.
- To build healthy family units that glorify God through effective ministry to children, teenagers, single and married adults.
- To raise multiracial and multigenerational congregations all over the world which allows individuals of all ethnicity and ages to have healthy covenant-based relationships.|
- We believe that there is one God eternally existent in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the bible is the written word of God inspired by God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died, buried and that He rose from the dead ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God.
- We believe that there is life after mortal existence (death) for eternity and where one spends eternity, in heaven or in hell is based on the decision whether to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and live according to the written word or to rebel against God’s word and commandments.
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ has provided salvation for the Spirit, healing for the body, liberty and deliverance from all oppressions and evil work.
- We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in believers and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- We believe in water baptism in the name of the Father, of the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the sanctifying work of the word and the Holy Spirit in the life of every believer.
- We believe in the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ.
- We believe in bringing tithes and offering into the local church. We believe in giving to and caring for the needy whether poor, sick, homeless or otherwise unfortunate.